SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Monday, July 03, 2006

New Albums

FREAKED! - A Gotee Tribute to dc Talk's "Jesus Freak"
After the initial spin, my reaction was, "Why?" As much as I like to support Toby & Co., you're better off just popping in the original Jesus Freak. Trust me.

Phil Wickham - Self-titled
One of my favorite new artists. Sounds like: Jeff Buckley (minus the vocal shenanigans), Josh Groban, Coldplay & a smidgen of Kevin Max.

Ayiesha Woods - Introducing
Going into this purchase, I knew it was a gamble, but I was counting on the comparisons to Tracy Chapman and Lauryn Hill that I had read about (not to mention the fact that Mr. McKeehan himself discovered her during a visit to Jamaica). Needless to say, I was poised to be wowed and inspired. While Ms. Woods is not bad, she's no Chapman or Hill; that's for sure. While the reggae-infused "Crazy" may make it on my party mix, unfortunately, this disc is already in my "sell-back" pile.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger t-HYPE said...

no vocal shenanigans?!? I don't know if I'll listen...
;)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home