SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

For Nostalgia's Sake: Shawl

I'm spinning The Prayer Chain's Shawl tonight. The 1993 release reminds me of my junior year of high school. I remember dancing around my living room with my friend Jodi like a Native American every time we listened to "Crawl." I was prompted to pop Shawl into the player tonight because I've been e-mailing Tim Taber, TPC's frontman, a bit lately, as I am writing a feature on Cool Hand Luke for HM Magazine, and Taber (now the owner of Floodgate Records) serves as CHL's publicist.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger pilgrimchick said...

I remember songs that remind me of very similar experiences--or just that remind me of where I was when it came out and became popular--or how much I hated the song when it did come out and how thankful I am today that it isn't being played every hour on the hour.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home