SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Monday, February 26, 2007

My Two Cents: Hold On

: SOUL-N-ROLL :

I first began drooling over Tyrone Wells' beautiful voice when I became acquainted with his former band Skypark's album Am I Pretty?. I remember wondering why I hadn't heard of Wells before. His full-bodied rock vocal was all but perfect. So, when I learned of his solo debut and read a flaming hot review by a trusted critic, I was more than excited. Musically, Hold On is more organic than AIP. Vocally, Wells sounds like Maroon 5's Adam Levine meets Lenny Kravitz, only better. Compared to his nearly flawless vocal performance on AIP, Wells' vocals on HO are just SLIGHTLY less impeccable, though more soulful. Easily one of the best picks of the year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home