SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Two Cents: Dreamgirls

: POWERHOUSE VOCALS :

I admit, I bought this soundtrack primarily for Jennifer Hudson's stellar solo performances ("Love You I Do," "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," "I Am Changing" and "One Night Only"). Of course, the fact that I love the movie helps. But, even for those unfamiliar with the musical, fans of classic R&B or soul would do well to pick this one up. I prefer the first half of the record to the second, as it features the majority of the show's up-tempo numbers. A star-studded cast, the tunes are crooned by Beyonce, Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx, to name a few. Other highlights include "Move," "Cadillac Car" and Foxx's ballad "When I First Saw You."

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home