SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Monday, March 24, 2008

For Nostalgia's Sake: Into the Son

Dakoda Motor Co.'s debut, Into the Son, was my first real exposure to a female-fronted rock band (that and Hoi Polloi's self-titled record). I remember being so excited when I spotted the DMC crew strolling around Six Flags at Atlanta Fest '93 only weeks before the album was released. Dakoda was a major influence in my early development as an aspiring chick rocker. Today, while searching for the cover art for this CD (which I found with a little help from my friend Jim), I discovered that the band recently united after a 12 year hiatus!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger flywheels said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I watched every one of their performances at AtlantaFest '93. This album and Welcome Race Fans still remain some of my favorite albums of all time. Good stuff.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home