SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Friday, February 06, 2009

My Two Cents: Tyrone Wells - Remain

Not quite a sophomore slump, Tyrone Wells has traded his soulful vocals for a straight-ahead pop/rock sound on his second national release, Remain. I miss the urgent, heartbreaking, gorgeous, jealous love songs and his "inner Lenny Kravitz" (as HM's Doug Van Pelt once dubbed it) that captured me on Hold On. I speculate that many of the tracks on Wells' first record were written during the time he was wooing and winning his wife. Now that his marriage is established, his material is less fervent. I don't blame the T man -- I know that love is the most powerful force in the universe -- I just miss the fiery tunes he served us last time around.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home