SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Friday, June 19, 2009

In the Oven

While a student at Hope College, I enjoyed feasting on the music that my fellow undergrads were cooking up in their dormitory laboratories. I remember seeing Sufjan Stevens' folk band Marzuki in concert a number of times. I still own both of their indie releases. After the group disbanded, I continued to keep tabs on Stevens, as well as the band's vocalist, Shannon Stephens. I've picked up all the records that each have since put out, including Ms. Stephens' EP and full-length CD. So, I was excited to recently learn that -- after taking time off to become a wife and a mother -- she has a brand new album coming out on Stevens' label, Asthmatic Kitty Records. The Breadwinner will drop on Sept. 8.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home