SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Thursday, February 11, 2021

A Look Back: Marzuki in Concert

I experienced indie band Marzuki's folk fare as a student at Hope College between the years of 1994 and 1998.  The four-piece folk unit was composed of three Hope students and one Grand Valley State University student.  I remember seeing the band play at The Good Earth Cafe in Holland, Mich., as well as possibly Leaf & Bean and The Kletz although, admittedly, my memory is not as keen as it once was.  Regardless, the band members signed my copy of their self-titled debut at one of those shows (see above) and, at some point, I signed up for their newsletter, which I received at least one issue of via the postal service (see below).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home