SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Friday, April 02, 2021

A Look Back: "Meeting" Robert Calmes

I became acquainted with acoustic guitarist Robert Calmes' 1999 album Spirit of Evergreen while working at Castle Technology in 2003, when the album was playing in the background at the office.  I loved the instrumental record immediately and -- because, to our knowledge, there was no way to contact Calmes to purchase a copy of the recording -- my boss allowed me to burn a copy of the CD for myself.  Fast forward to 2019: I did my best to locate Calmes online and took a chance with an email address that I hoped belonged to him.  Thankfully, my sleuthing was successful.  Although the album is out of print, Calmes generously offered to burn a copy for me -- or send me the sound files -- for free.  I was pleased to select SoE as the family Thanksgiving meal soundtrack that year and remain grateful to Calmes for his artistry and generosity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home