SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Monday, April 26, 2021

A Look Back: Bands My Bands Played With

I was a member of four different bands in my 20s.  I sang lead and harmony vocals, played a bit of percussion and rudimentary guitar, and wrote a number of songs during my tenure with One Bright Son, MR. levi (originally Hope for the Flowers; formerly Eccentric Mr. Levi), Doris, and Milk & Honey.  I became acquainted with several indie bands and a handful of singer/songwriters who shared venues and bills with my band mates and me over the years.  I shared the stage with Ananzao (Java Bean in Grandville, Mich.), Annie's Apology (Hope College), Carolyn Arends (Muskegon County Fair), Wendy Bailey (festival in Grand Haven, Mich.), Big Fil (Grand Valley State University), Carson So Sorry (Soul Centre Cafe in Grand Rapids, Mich.), and Everyday Einstein (Jumpin' Java, as well as the armory, in Grand Haven, Mich.), among others.  Years later -- as a poet, sans the music -- I shared a bill with Lauren Farrah in Nashville, Tenn. (East Side Storytellin' 62).

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home