SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

For Nostalgia's Sake: Mezzamorphis

Listening to Delirious?' 1999 release reminds me of my life in Holland, Mich.; in particular some of the friends with whom I played in a worship band. I remember the band I played with for a district girls' conference that our church helped to organize -- there were too many folks invited to sing. I am strictly an alto and discovered upon arrival that an accomplished alto had already checked in. Needless to say, I sounded horrid trying to "find" another part to sing. Regardless, it was at that conference that the keyboardist (the alto's boyfriend, no less) spoke highly of this record. I was familiar with Delirious?, but wasn't yet sold on the band. I gave the disc a shot and am glad that I did. In addition, I saw the Mezzamorphis tour when the red coats stopped in Grand Rapids. I'll never forget how powerful "Beautiful Sun" was to me in concert. I was dealing with a painful breakup and that song really spoke to me. I also remember doing "Jesus' Blood" once or twice during worship at church under the direction of the great Nate Marialke (who also led worship at the aforementioned girls' conference). "Kiss Your Feet" is a very personal track to me, as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home