SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A Look Back: That Time I Played the Ryman Auditorium

A recent conversation with a colleague re: the legendary Ryman Auditorium reminded me of -- not only the host of shows that I experienced there over my 16 years in Nashville, but -- the Sunday that I played on that hallowed stage with Israel Houghton, of Israel & New Breed.  At the time, I was a member of Bethel World Outreach Center, as well as a member of its worship team.  After a stint as an alto in the fantastic choir, I opted to play percussion with the band.  Houghton was no stranger to BWOC and served as a guest worship leader from time to time.  At one point, the church held a monthly city-wide service at the Ryman.  One day, I was thrilled to find out that -- not only was I offered the opportunity to play one of those services, but -- Houghton was leading that night.  Boy, do I wish that my primitive cell phone had had a camera feature in those days!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home