SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

A Look Back: DJ Dream Come True

When I was 18, one of my dreams came true -- I became a radio disc jockey.  As a freshman, I joined the on-air staff of my college station, WTHS.  I DJed all four years of my college career, two of which I hosted a rare, specialty show.  During my tenure, I was pleased to work my way up from a lowly DJ sub to station traffic director, eventually serving as the operations director.  At the time, the station sported the tagline "The Alternative," as we played primarily alternative indie rock, a la CMJ.  Back then, we had no fancy equipment or Web site (to be fair, my time at the station was essentially pre-internet).  It was all and only about the music.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home