SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Two Cents: Postcards

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about this record -- from folks I respect, no less. But, the thing that really prompted me to pick up the disc was HM Magazine Editor Doug Van Pelt's VERY brief description: "Really reminds me of Fleming & John." The fact that F&J is one of my absolute faves (see My Favorite Artists post), coupled with my listening history with Cindy Morgan (a fan since her pop/R&B debut in '92), I thought for sure this album would be a homerun. NOT SO! While track #1 is Fleming & John-ish, and track #2 sounds like a fusion of F&J and Over the Rhine, the rest of the disc is NOTHING like Fleming & John. I REALLY wanted to love this record, but, alas...I have already placed it in the "trade-in" pile -- not because it's a poor album. Obviously, many enjoy the disc. It just didn't "do it" for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home