SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sherri Youngward - Six Inches of Sky - Circa 2002

One of the many underrated, undercelebrated singer-songwriters. All of her albums (SIOS, No More Good-byes and Faces Memories Places) are great. For a good cry about friends past and present, listen to "All the While" on NMG. "Jesus Saw Her" off of NMG gets me every time. Need peace and rest from the chaos? Spin "All Who Are Weary" (SIOS), "Quiet Place" (NMG) and "Peace" (FMP). "Broadway (the Matthew 25 Song)" from FMP reminds me of a show that I co-produced/directed with my good friend Daniel one summer, while "Pedestal" (FMP) takes me back to a mess of tears on the floor with an ex. Truth be told, I've avoided listening to FMP for some time, not willing to chance another tearful breakdown, even some nine years later. Oh, the power of memories and music...

Note: Upon a little research, just discovered that Ms. Youngward has two more albums available to enjoy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home