SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Spin & Recycle

If you've read many of my posts, you've noticed that I sell back or trade in CDs I no longer want. While many are downloading songs and sporting iPods, I prefer to collect the real thing. I come from the old school -- I love to be able to handle and hold the hard copies. I enjoy reading lyrics, studio credits and the specialty notes. The artwork, photos and graphic design of an album are important to me. These days, there are many places that buy, sell and trade used CDs. I frequent CD Warehouse to do so. I also visit The Great Escape and Phonoluxe from time to time. (I've even hit the jackpot in a thrift shop or two!) I love to treasure hunt at these stores and have been known to get lost in them for hours. You know what they say...One man's junk is another man's pleasure. (At least that's my spin on the familiar adage.) Of course, some folks prefer to treasure hunt and trade online. But whether online or in person, trade your unwanted CDs and share the love!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home