SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Underdog Spotlight: Charity Von

I've been wanting to launch a segment that features big voices that have little fanfare. A recent conversation with my friend Deborah prompted me to get started. 

Produced and arranged by Billy Smiley (formerly of White Heart), Charity Von's self-titled debut on Slanted Records truly showcased her bluesy, soulful rock vocals. Unfortunately, the release was seemingly all but hidden in a dark corner somewhere. From what I can tell, it looks like she is now an indie artist with a new record. This girl can sang and rock, all in the same song -- part Joss Stone and part Janis Joplin. For more on this soulful rocker, visit Von's Web site and MySpace.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger t-HYPE said...

I really liked her first album! I think her marketing team didn't know what to do with her. She's not exactly Point of Grace...

10:50 PM  
Blogger Amy E. Hall said...

I agree. Plus, to be frank, she really needed some(else) to give her a makeover before the photo shoot (for the first album)! Sadly, image goes a long way.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home