SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

thursdaytheory: A Tribute

In honor of my friend Annie's wedding yesterday, I bring you thursdaytheory. Annie is one-half of the retired indie folk duo. Her musical partner and longtime roommate Rachel served as a bridesmaid last night and sent Annie off into the beginning of a new song with her new life partner, Jeff. I was honored to be invited to the intimate ceremony and reception. There are certain events in this life that cause us to pause, reflect and remember. Last night's wedding was one of those for me. I remembered Annie and Rachel as the fresh-faced college graduates (fellow Hope College alumni) whom I helped to welcome to the Music City three years ago; the talented, young songwriters who became my friends. So, this morning, I didn't hestitate to pop their disc into my CD player. I love Rachel's song "Home." It does what every good folk song does -- it takes me to "that place." And Annie's hauntingly beautiful melody "Return to Me" always stays with me for days afterwards. Check out thursdaytheory's MySpace here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home