SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Underdog Spotlight: Nissi

BIG VOICE, LITTLE FANFARE:
There are certain vocalists who thrill me when they sing live. Nissi is one of them. I first heard Nissi's voice as one-fourth of the R&B/gospel group Anointed. Years later, having moved to Nashville and joined my church's choir, I was surprised to find myself sitting next to Nissi in the alto section. One year, I locked my keys in my car during a choir Christmas party. It was Nissi who called AAA on my behalf and had a locksmith rescue me. She not only has a big voice, she has a big heart. Nissi self-released her solo album, Stronger, in 2003, which features her songwriting, arrangements and powerhouse vocal.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home