SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Stand By Your Man

If you've read my I Can't Stand "Standing Room Only" post, you understand how much I have come to detest singer-songwriter events sans seating. I have gone so far as to vow never to attend such a session again. I also alluded to a potential reason to renege on that vow -- THIS is that show. I've just purchased tickets to the aforementioned concert on Nov. 17, and I'm thrilled. Mat Kearney (at right) is one of my favorite artists, a singer-songwriter who mixes pop, folk and hip-hop. He once told me his music had a "Bob Dylan meets Tupac" sound. Griffin House, a young artist with an old soul, has an honest, earnest voice. I once read a journalist describe his sound as "Bono meets Johnny Cash." It's not an easy task to win me over as an unknown opener. House managed to do just that.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger t-HYPE said...

Dang it! You got that song stuck in my head...

Staaaaand by yur maaaaaan....

11:20 AM  
Blogger Amy E. Hall said...

Oh, the power of music!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home