SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Two Cents: Stay Under the Stars

While Teitur's Poetry & Aeroplanes has lots of great tracks, his second release, Stay Under the Stars, only has great moments. I'm not sure if it's solely to do with the change in label and producer, but the SUTS selections are not as solid as those of P&A. Some might call P&A "poppier" and SUTS "more indie." I tend to wonder if the difference between the two albums has anything to do with the "sophomore slump." I certainly enjoy the singer-songwriter's freshman release much more. The production, instrumentation, arrangements, melodies and vocal parts just seem to be more developed on P&A. Perhaps I also prefer the cohesive subject matter on that record (the enthrallment of new love). All in all, it's good to hear from this great Dane again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home