SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Friday, April 13, 2007

My Two Cents: Alright, Still...

: REGGAE-FLAVORED POP :

After hearing some buzz about little Lily Allen, I found this record on sale at Target for $7.98. I listened to the tracks on her site several times before I decided to actually open the CD shrink-wrap. Many of the English popster's songs are dishonorable tributes to her two-timing ex-husband. "Knock 'em Out" -- a song about escaping from creepy, sleazy players -- makes me laugh out loud. Alright, Still... is a fun party/hang out album. It's not recommended for spiritual edification, children or teens, though, as it sports a Parental Advisory: Explicit Content warning. To her credit, she wrote or co-wrote all of the material, however occasionally profane.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home