SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

For Nostalgia's Sake: Bleach

Memories of a Michigan winter storm come to mind when I listen to Bleach's self-titled album. I had agreed to serve as a makeshift drummer for my singer-songwriter friend, Matt, in 2000. We were to open for Bleach at a college (the name of which I can't recall) in Kalamazoo. Due to the storm, the entire evening's timeline was thrown out the window. In the end, we did not even get to play. (I was a little relieved and a little disappointed.) We did, however, get to hang out backstage all evening with the guys. I felt cool all night. The Bleach boys were great both onstage and backstage. We also got to rub elbows with Plankeye (who opened), as well as meet a sweet new band, PAX217 (one of my favorites to this day, despite its retired status), who opened for Plankeye. In fact, after all was said and done, we went to Denny's with 217's bassist and DJ, Josh and Bobby, respectively. I still have my autographed copies of Bleach (self-titled), Plankeye (Relocation) and PAX217 (self-titled) CDs from that eve.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home