SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Friday, June 22, 2007

My Two Cents: The Story

It's the kind of CD that's so good that, after listening to the first two tracks, you stop the disc and go back to listen to them both again. Though I had heard and seen things about Brandi Carlile, it was my friend Janine who introduced me to Carlile's music. I liked the singer-songwriter's sophomore folk/country/rock record a good deal after the initial spin. However, after reading Bud Scoppa's feature on the powerhouse alto and her twin bandmates in Paste Magazine, I decided that I definitely needed to buy the disc. (That's the power of a great article; that's the power of the written word.) Scoppa nailed it with this description: "...the band sounds like a reincarnated Patsy Cline fronting Coldplay." Click here to read the piece for yourself. Perhaps you'll become a fan, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home