SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

For Nostalgia's Sake: 'Til We Have Faces

I was first wined and dined by Over the Rhine in the late 90s. My then-bandmate, Rob, was working for a local radio station on the weekends. The station was doing some spring cleaning and had some CDs up for grabs. I cleaned up the day Rob picked up Over the Rhine's 1991 debut, 'Til We Have Faces, for me. A vocalist in our band, I was excited to discover another female-fronted group. I've been a fan ever since. A bit of a collector, I love the fact that TWHF is now out of print and that I have a copy with the original booklet intact. Also an art appreciator and wordsmith, the album's artwork and liner notes ruined me then and there for anything less.

Note: Although the CD title on the artwork above reads "Till We Have Faces," the title on my copy's booklet, tray card and disc itself boasts "'Til We Have Faces." I wonder which version represents the original pressing...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home