SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

From Hooks to Books

According to ChristianMusicToday.com's Andree Farias: Jars of Clay lead singer Dan Haseltine (second from the left) will release The One, The Only, Magnificent Me, a children's book via Mackinac Island Press. Haseltine teamed up with illustrator Joel Schoon Tanis for the book, which will be available in more than 1,100 Target stores and other retailers when it releases on Sept. 15. "I wanted to write a book that reminded children that they are amazing and wonderful," said Haseltine. "All children need to know that they are magnificent -- with or without feathers."

Personal Note: I became acquainted with Tanis during my residency in Holland, Mich. We share an alma mater, though he is many years my senior. I own a couple of his books and a print of one of his paintings. I also interviewed him for our college newspaper, the Anchor, while a student at our beloved Hope College.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home