SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Love at First Sight

I love CDs. I love getting a new stack of them all at once. Of course, that rarely happens. However, as a member of Sound and Spirit music club, a division of BMG, whenever S&S offers its buy-one-get-four-free specials, I jump at the chance (assuming there are five discs in the catalog that I'm jonesin' for). That special gives me the excuse to buy records that I wouldn't buy otherwise (i.e. complete-the-collection albums, soundtracks, discs that I'm not certain, but curious about, those that would seem to be extravagant purchases, etc.). I just got such a shipment in the mail today, in fact. I love to rip into the box and carefully remove the shrink-wrap from the CDs. Then I open each jewel case, one by one, and look at the artwork. Every disc is like a present that I give myself. My selections this time around: Jonny Lang - Turn Around James Morrison - Undiscovered John Reuben - Word of Mouth The Sound of Music Original Soundtrack The Sound of Music - 40th Anniversary Special Edition Paul Wright - Wright or Wrong These Songs Are Paul's P.S. The photo above looks just like the view in my college radio station's back room. Ah, the memories.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home