SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Christmas; Past

As I listen to the Gypsy Hombres' Christmas album, Django Bells, on this last day of 2020, I remember meeting GH's Peter Hyrka while working at Swift Music Group in 2002.  I was fortunate to witness the Hombres' unique blend of acoustic-violin/guitar-based jazz and classical music live at Nashville's now-defunct Cafe 123.  Another on-the-job discovery -- as well as a Cafe 123 live performance experience -- I made the acquaintance of guitar virtuoso David Andersen in '03 as an employee of Castle Technology.  Swift and Castle replicated/duplicated CDs for the Hombres and Andersen, respectively, and I will always be grateful to have discovered their music.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home