SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Wednesday, January 06, 2021

A Look Back: Kevin Max in Concert

Growing up, I was one of dc Talk's most ardent enthusiasts.  Once the trio went on hiatus, I continued to follow each of the fellas fervently.  Velvet-voiced Kevin Max served as my vocal crush for many years.  After moving to Nashville myself, I seized on a few opportunities in the early aughts to experience a solo K-Max show -- one at The Slow Bar, another at 12th & Porter, and a third at Bongo Java's After Hours Theatre (on Mar. 8, 2003) -- but not before witnessing him in his own hometown, Grand Rapids, Mich., at Calvin College (as pictured above), on Oct. 21, 2000.

Note: I was pleasantly surprised this evening to find that I had safely stored my Bongo and Calvin ticket stubs in my Stereotype Be CD booklet.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home