SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Two Cents: Sound of Melodies

I refused to be a party to the Leeland hype nearly all year. From my first introduction to the band, the "Sound of Melodies" single, I concluded that the five-piece belonged in the lump of the countless, new, unexciting, cardboard pop/rock bands I've heard this year. That was that and I didn't give Leeland another thought -- until the title track and "Tears of the Saints" were in my face during two presentations at my church. I was surprisingly moved and found myself liking the tunes. So, thanks to a December Family Christian Store $9.97 CD sale, I took the plunge. I am shocked that I actually love and crave this record (especially the first six tracks). The Brit-flavored pop/rock hooks have me hooked, and the vertical lyrics motivate and move me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home