SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

For Nostalgia's Sake: Phantom Moon

I remember sitting in September Woods, a coffeehouse in Holland, Mich., and hearing a singer-songwriter that caught my ear in the late 90s/early 00s. I inquired about the music the shop was playing and discovered that it was an artist named Duncan Sheik. I liked the laid back, night time melodies and decided to look into purchasing his music. Shortly thereafter, I found Phantom Moon at the Tulip City's Meijer discount store. It's funny, I could probably tell you a story about each CD in my collection. As I often say, the little things that mean a lot make every day a holiday.

Side note: Having acquainted myself with the music of Teitur these years later, I have to wonder if Mr. Sheik has influenced him. I can hear it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home