SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

A Look Back: Meeting Dakoda Motor Co.

When I met the members of Dakoda Motor Co. at AtlantaFest on June 18, 1993, their first record, Into the Son, was not yet available.*  However, I had been following news re: their forthcoming album and was stoked about their female-fronted debut and entrance onto the music scene.  The DMC bandmates were all very kind, gave me a flyer (pictured at left), signed it, and presented me with a touring memento that I still have to this day (pictured at right).  Sadly, I never had the opportunity to see them play live.

* According to the Internet, the record was released on June 15, 1993.  That being the case, I had not yet had the opportunity to buy it at a Christian bookstore, or purchase it from a mail-order music company, before traveling to Georgia for the festival.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home