SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Two on Tuesday

Just a reminder that Leigh Nash's solo debut, Blue on Blue, hits stores on Tuesday. I saw Nash, frontwoman of the retired Sixpence None the Richer, in concert Mar. 16, and am happy to report that she is in fine form. The CD reviews I've read in both CCM and Paste magazines bode well of the new album. You can read my take on the record in the days to come.

Tuesday also marks the sophomore release of Gotee Records' Sarah Kelly. I'm a bit skeptical of the new album, Where the Past Meets Today, simply because I was disappointed by her freshman release, despite a fabulous first single, "Take Me Away." On the positive tip, CCM Magazine gave WTPMT an "A." But Kelly's gonna have to "take me away" with this new record if she's going to convince me that her powerful voice is more than a one-hit wonder.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home