SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Sallie Breaks Through on Tuesday

I can't tell you how excited I am about Nate Sallie's new record, Ruined for Ordinary, dropping on Tuesday. I just watched the video for "Breakthrough" on his site. The track is fast becoming one of my absolute favorites. Sounds like Stevie Wonder meets Keith Green meets Coldplay. I saw him play "Breakthrough" and several of his other new tunes at GMA this spring. He nearly blew all the other acts out of the water with just his piano and pure passion. I highly recommend that you check out the "Breakthrough" video. (It can also be viewed on his MySpace.) And if you're skeptical due to the cheesy pop/punk single off of his first album, I don't blame you. I did NOT buy that record, but I can't WAIT to rip the wrapper off of RFO on Tuesday and spin that puppy! If it disappoints me, I'll let you know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home