SPIN and TELL

A MUSIC BLOG: disc dialogue. music magazine memorabilia. concert catalogue.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

A Look Back: Caedmon's Call, Church of Rhythm, Eclipse/Scratch Track, & Five O'Clock People in Concert

Although I recall seeing folk band Caedmon's Call and opening folk/rock act Five O'Clock People at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Mich. in the very early aughts (likely on Oct. 28, 2000), I do not remember exactly where or when I witnessed pop/hip-hop outfit Church of Rhythm live.  I know for a fact that I saw Eclipse at a Christian bookstore in Antioch, Tenn. (perhaps the store was called Kindred) in the early aughts.  Eclipse soon changed their name to Scratch Track, the moniker under which I experienced their acoustic/hip-hop/soul genius at Nashville's 3rd & Lindsley some time later.  As the group morphed and one of the founders, Will Gray, departed for a solo venture, I followed him, as well, until his untimely death in 2013.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home